PAYING FOR CURES TOOLKIT
Terms and conditions
Accessing this Site
- By using this Site, you represent and warrant that you are 13 years or older. If you are under the age of 13 years, you agree not to visit the Site.
- MIT reserves the right to change or update the Site, and any information, service, tool, model, material, features and functionality (including but not limited to all software, text, displays, downloadable spreadsheets, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof) or other content we provide on the Site (collectively, “Content”), in our sole discretion and without notice. However, MIT is under no obligation to update or correct any Content.
- MIT will not be responsible or liable if for any reason all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. MIT may suspend access to the entire Site, or some parts of the Site, or close it indefinitely, in MIT’s discretion.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
- For commercial purposes, including that you may not reproduce, sell or exploit for any commercial purposes any part of the Site, access to the Site, use of the Site or any Content available through the Site;
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local and international law or regulation; and
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by MIT, may harm MIT, CBI or users of the Site or expose them to liability (for example, in a manner that that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site).
- Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose, including to monitor or impermissibly copy any of the material on the Site;
- Use any manual process to monitor or impermissibly copy any of the material on the Site or for any other unauthorized purpose without the prior written consent of MIT;
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Site, the server on which any part of the Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Site;
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack; or
- Access or search or attempt to access or search the Site by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces provided by MIT; or
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
Intellectual Property Rights
- The Site and all Content and all intellectual property rights therein are owned by MIT, its licensors or other providers. You must not use the name “Massachusetts Institute of Technology” or “Center for Biomedical Innovation” or any variation, adaptation, or abbreviation thereof, or of any of MIT’s trustees, officers, faculty, students, employees, or agents, or any trademark owned by MIT (which includes the MIT and CBI logos) without the prior written permission of MIT. All other trademarks appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
- If and to the extent you provide any feedback, suggestions, recommendations, analysis or other information or data to MIT or CBI in connection with your use of the Site or the Content (“Feedback”), you hereby permit MIT to use, reproduce, disclose, distribute, modify, and prepare derivative works of such Feedback for any purpose whatsoever in perpetuity.
- You must not:
- Modify copies of any Content, except as expressly authorized by MIT on the Site;
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from the accompanying text; or
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices from any Content.
Disclaimer of Warranties
- The Site and the Content is made available solely for general informational purposes. THE SITE, THE CONTENT AND ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, MIT MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (a) THE SITE OR THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE, USEFUL FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR UP-TO-DATE OR (b) THAT THE INFORMATION THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR CONTENT WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR OTHEREWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS. YOUR USE OF, AND RELIANCE ON, THE SITE, THE CONTENT, AND/OR ANY INFORMATION BASED UPON USE OF THE CONTENT IS STRICTLY AT YOUR OWN RISK. MIT shall not be responsible or liable for your use of the Site, the Content, and/or any information based upon your use of the Content. This Site and the Content are not a substitute for your or your entity’s own decision-making.
- MIT does not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Internet or the Site will be free of viruses or other destructive code. NEITHER MIT NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH MIT OR CBI MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE AND THE CONTENT. MIT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE CONTENT, YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY AVAILABLE CONTENT, OR YOUR USE OF ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO THE SITE.
- THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Limitation on Liability
- IN NO EVENT WILL MIT, ITSTRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, FACULTY, STUDENTS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS, HEIRS AND ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, THE CONTENT, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SITE OR CONTENT OR ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE, CONTENT OR SUCH THIRD PARTY WEBSITES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHICH MAY INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORSEEABLE.
- THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Monitoring and Enforcement
You understand that MIT does not provide customer assistance or technical support for use of the Site. You may contact us concerning technical problems but MIT is under no obligation to fix or correct any technical issue.
Links from the Site
If the Site contains links to other websites and resources provided by or hosted by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. MIT has no control over the contents of those websites or resources and accepts no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
The Site is operated by MIT from Cambridge, Massachusetts in the United States of America. Content is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject MIT to any registration or other requirement within such jurisdiction or country. MIT reserves the right to limit access or availability of the Site to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction.
Dispute Resolution By Arbitration
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Comments and Concerns
- The Site is operated by the FoCUS Project within CBI at MIT. All technical issues or questions may be directed to email@example.com, provided that MIT is under no obligation to respond to your email or make any requested fix.
- All other feedback and comments concerning the Site and the Content, or other general inquiries related to CBI, NEWDIGS or FoCUS should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for visiting our Site.